SPARTAN CTC MISSION and GOALS
- The overarching mission of the SPARTAN Clinical Trials Consortium (CTC) is to improve the clinical care for patients with spondyloarthritis (SpA) by providing a platform to facilitate clinical trials in SpA in North America.
- The SPARTAN CTC aims to comprise of rheumatology centers and researchers in North America with interest and expertise in conducting clinical trials in SpA.
- SPARTAN CTC aims to act as a liaison between the pharmaceutical industry and investigators (without any further involvement beyond establishing a connection).
- The SPARTAN CTC comprises of rheumatology centers and researchers in North America with interest in conducting clinical trials in SpA.
Activities of the CTC focus on:
- Training current and future SpA trialists and their personnel.
- Engaging more SPARTAN members in clinical trials in SpA.
- Providing information of the available SpA pharmaceutical clinical trials to SPARTAN members
- Connecting pharmaceutical companies with researchers interested in participating in company-sponsored clinical trials.
- Acting as a catalyst for investigator-initiated clinical trials.
No additional qualification is needed for membership in SPARTAN CTC other than being a SPARTAN member and a physician with active US license.
- Does not aim to endorse or certify SPARTAN CTC members for SpA trials.
- Does not provide certification of the trial sites, investigators and personnel.
- Does not play any role site selection.
- Does not share information of a SPARTAN CTC member without anyone.